It’s been a mixed week. I finally got around to making myself a large knitting bag. I used the same format as the previous bags, except I used a large piece of fabric instead of strips. As you can see from the second photo, there’s room for a large ball of wool, half of a 5′ square blanket with room to grow! It ended up at 13″ wide, 7″ deep and 16″. This bag also has a large pocket the spans the full width of the bag, with a divider up the middle.
I was beginning to think I’d never get this one done. I started on Monday and it was all going well until I ran out of black thread about 1/3 of the way through the quilting. As it was a bank holiday, I had no choice but to wait until Tuesday for thread. I usually go to my mum’s on a Tuesday so child #1 was given thread-buying insturctions as he was going to Maltby anyway. I got home, all ready to carry on with my bag only to find that the shop was out of black thread, but expecting a delivery at teatime. Foiled again! My knitting bag was finally finished on Wenesday. Read the rest of this entry »